Mount Alexander Shire Council logo
Skip Links

Grazing and Droving Permits

Droving of Stock
Droving of livestock refers to movement of stock along a public road, from outside or within the municipality to a destination either outside or within the municipality. A Droving of Livestock Permit is required to move livestock.

Grazing of Stock
A Grazing of Livestock on Roadsides Permit is required when placing livestock on road reserves for the purpose of grazing roadside vegetation. These permits can be used with the endorsement to run an electric fence and are also subject to terms and conditions.

Roads that are managed by Vic Roads are not under the management of Council and will not be attended to by Council Ranger. To report stock wandering on a Vic Roads managed road, please call 131 170. A list of Vic Roads managed roads can be found on our roads page.

Please check with Council if you are unsure if you require a permit. Please contact us.

Powered by