Council has released its 2017/2018 Proposed Budget for community consideration, and is encouraging members to make a submission.
The $38.06 million budget seeks to maintain and improve infrastructure, deliver on projects and services valued by the community and achieve Council’s vision – Mount Alexander: Innovative, Creative, Connected.
Rates will increase by an average of 2% under the Victorian Government’s Fair Go Rates System, down from the previously planned 2.8%. Kerbside bin collection charges will increase by an average of 3.1% per property.
The proposed budget will deliver a $13.37 million Capital Works Program, up $4.5 million from the 2016/2017 financial year.
To make a submission please forward a letter to the Chief Executive Officer, Mount Alexander Shire Council, PO Box 185, Castlemaine, VIC, 3450, or send an email titled 2017/2018 Budget Submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to speak to your submission at the Special Meeting of Council please indicate this in your submission.
• Wednesday 24 May 2017 at 5.00pm – closing date for public submissions.
• Tuesday 30 May 2017 at 6.30pm – Special Meeting of Council to hear budget submissions, Civic Centre, Castlemaine.
• Tuesday 20 June 2017 at 6.30pm – adoption of the 2017/2018 Budget at Ordinary Meeting of Council, Civic Centre, Castlemaine.
• 2017/2018 Proposed Budget
• 2017/2018 Proposed Budget Summary
• Media release - Proposed budget released for comment.