Information on how to pay or contest a fine:

Fines and infringements

Most of the infringement notices we issue are for serious, safety-related offences. You can find information about how to pay or appeal a parking fine on the back of your infringement notice, or see parking fines.

Please note, failure to take any action on an infringement will result in additional legal fees and the matter will be referred to Court resulting in possible conviction.

More information about different types of fines visit Fines Victoria.


Contesting an infringement notice

If you would like a review of your infringement notice, please provide all of the relevant information and any supporting documentation you request a review.

To apply, complete an application for review of infringement form(PDF, 231KB), and submit by mail or email.

Alternatively you may send a request in writing to:

Community Safety & Amenity
Mount Alexander Shire Council
PO Box 185, Castlemaine VIC 3450


What if I'm not responsible for the fine?

How to nominate another driver

Council issues parking infringement notices to the registered owner of the vehicle, according to the registration details held by VicRoads.

If you have been served a fine and were not the person responsible for committing the offence, you can nominate the person who did commit the offence.

To nominate the responsible driver please complete and sign an operator owner onus form and return to Council.

You can complete the Victorian Government's form if you weren't the driver(PDF, 326KB) here.