Mount Alexander Shire Council logo
Skip Links

European wasps and bees

If you locate a wasp nest or beehive on Council property and you believe it poses a risk to the public you should report it by contacting an Environmental Health Officer on (03) 5471 1700 or submit an online service request.

What to do about wasps or bees on private property

Council does not treat wasp nests or beehives on private property

If you want to have a beehive removed from your own property you will need to contact an apiarist. You can find the details for apiarists in the telephone directory or by searching online.

If you find a wasp nest on your property it is recommended that you engage a licensed pest controller to treat the nest. If you feel confident to treat the nest yourself there are a number of products available through hardware stores. Make sure you follow the manufacturer’s instructions carefully.

Powered by