Skip Links

Local Law permits

Under Mount Alexander Shire Local Laws, permits are required for a range of activities. Read more about our local laws.

The permits and associated permit fees are summarised below. To apply for a permit, download and complete the relevant application form and lodge with payment at the Civic Centre.

To ensure the application can be considered in a timely manner, please check all documentation is complete before lodging with Council. Application forms are also available from the Civic Centre.

To apply for a resident parking permit or a disabled parking permit go to our parking permits page.

Roads and Council Land - Local Law 2

Animals - Local Law 4

Reference: Description: Fee
7 (1) Grazing of livestock on roadsides (PDF, 117KB) $154.00 per day
8 (1) Droving of livestock (PDF, 117KB) $154.00 per day
11 (a) Keeping excess animals (PDF, 117KB) $77.00 per year

Trading - Local Law 5

Reference: Description: Fee
7 (1) A-frame advertising signage (PDF, 57KB) $77.00 per sign
8 (1) Goods for display (PDF, 57KB) $80.00 per year
9 (1) Outdoor eating (PDF, 57KB) $26.00 per seat
10 (1) Itinerant trading (PDF, 117KB)
(Food trucks, roadside traders, ice cream trucks, etc)
$62.00 per day or
$460.00 per annum

Fundraising and Events - Local Law 6

Reference: Description: Fee
7 (1) Placement of advertising signage on Council roads or land (PDF, 115KB)
(Advertising signage for events)
$62.00 per day
8 (1) Event related road closures (PDF, 115KB) $256.00 per day
9 (1) Collecting money, gifts or subscriptions (PDF, 116KB) $62.00 per day
10 (1) Fundraising (PDF, 156KB) $62.00 per day
Powered by