Skip Links

New residents


Fire Information

What are the requirements for burning off?

A permit is required to burn off at any time during the fire restriction period. Properties over 0.2 hectare do not require a permit to burn outside the restriction period and properties under this size may light an incinerator on Tuesday or Saturday without a permit.

Garbage Information


Garbage/Recycle Bins - what if mine is stolen or damaged?



If your bin is stolen, visit the Council offices and fill in a form along with a Statutory Declaration. Arrangements will then be made for a replacement bin, which should arrive within 7 to 10 working days. If your bin is damaged, you can phone the Council's Contractor on 1800 999 690 or visit the Council office to report it. Arrangements will be made for either repair or replacement of your bin.


What do I do if my rubbish collection has been missed?

Telephone Wheelie Waste directly on 1800 999 690.

Infringement Information

Parking Fines - can I object?

Yes, you can make a written objection to a parking fine. Please ensure that you include the driver's name and postal address, the vehicle registration and infringement notice number in your objection. All objections need to be put in writing and addressed to the Chief Executive Officer, PO Box 185, Castlemaine, 3450. Provided there are reasonable grounds for objection, your application to have the parking fine reviewed will be considered and notification of a decision forwarded to you.

Payment Information

Credit Card Payments - are these offered by the Council?

Yes, VISA, Bankcard and Mastercard are accepted, and payments can be made over the phone or in person. The Customer Service Team are happy to assist you and can provide a reference number for your payment. Contact the Customer Service Team on 5471 1700.

EFTPOS and BPAY - are these facilities available at the Council?

EFTPOS facilities are available at the Council's offices for the payment of all accounts. BPAY facilities are only available for rate payments at this stage.  Rate payments can be made using Australia Post's POSTbillpay service.

Receive and pay bills on the Internet. You can pay using your Savings/Cheque or Credit Card accounts.

Planning Information

Do I need an appointment to see a Planning or Building Officer?

It is advisable to make an appointment, as these officers are often required to carry out inspections and other duties away from the office. By making an appointment, we can ensure that someone will be available to see you at the allotted time.

Vicroads/Licence Information

Can I renew my drivers licence at the Civic Centre?

Drivers Licence renewals are conducted at the Civic Centre, Monday to Friday, between 8:30am - 5:30pm. You do not need to make a booking, the Customer Service Officers will assist you with receipting your payment and taking the photo.

Powered by