Christmas celebration grants are available to community groups in Mount Alexander Shire.
For the second year, Mount Alexander Shire Council is offering Community Christmas Celebration Grants to help towns across the shire celebrate the festive season. We have also extended these grants so that our larger towns can also get involved.
Funds can be put towards outdoor decorations, community events, Santa visits and other celebrations.
The following Christmas celebration grants are available:
- $1,000 or $500 available for small towns including Harcourt, Chewton, Campbells Creek, Guildford, Taradale, Elphinstone, Faraday, Fryerstown, Baringhup, Sutton Grange and Metcalfe.
- A total of $2,500 each for Maldon and Newstead that may be used to fund a number of smaller initiatives from different groups.
- A total of $5,000 available for Castlemaine that may be used to fund a number of smaller initiatives from different groups.
Please refer to our guidelines below for more details.
View the Program Guidelines(PDF, 201KB) for details
Events grants Auspice Agreement(PDF, 107KB)
What is an 'auspice agreement'? Read our FAQs now.
If you have any questions please contact the Venues and Events team on 5471 1700 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have you received a grant? After your event has been a roaring success, you must complete an online acquittal.
- Go to the SmartyGrants Website, and log in with the username and password you used to submit the application.
- Click on “My submissions” at the top of the page
- Here you will see your submission and the associated forms open and waiting for you to complete.