Why work with us?
Take a look at the video below and listen to what our staff have to say about working at Mount Alexander Shire Council.
Mount Alexander Shire is known for its local food and wine, and its vibrant arts community. Perfectly located an hour from Melbourne by car or rail, and thirty minutes from Bendigo, working with us means you'll enjoy a balanced lifestyle with great services, schools and homes set in the beautiful Central Victorian landscape.
We are committed to delivering a work environment free from harassment and bullying. We pride ourselves on fostering an open and inclusive workplace, and welcoming all people into our community.
The benefits of working with us include:
- Attractive salaries
- Flexible working arrangements
- Work from home options
- Rostered Days Off (RDO)
- Paid parental leave
- Annual salary progression
- Internal secondment opportunities
- Opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Professional Development and Study Support
- Free support and counselling through our Employee Assistance Program
- Rates deductions via payroll for owners of property within Mount Alexander Shire
- Additional super contributions through salary sacrifice
- Annual flu vaccinations
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from people with diverse cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. We are committed to providing a supportive and accessible workplace.
Be part of a work environment that is always working towards our collective vision of a healthy, connected shire.
Read about our organisational structure.