We allocate funds each year to support events in the local community that align with the community vision and the goals in our Council Plan 2021-2025(PDF, 4MB) and other strategic directions.
The next round of Event Grants will open in February (exact dates TBC) for events held in the second half of 2024.
The Event Grants program provides a transparent and equitable process for local groups and organisations to seek funding and in-kind support from Council.
Funding can be used for a wide variety of event-related cost.
And much more! Please refer to our guidelines below for more details.
The program aims to provide support to events that:
- foster community, economic and/or cultural development in Mount Alexander Shire
- consider impacts on the environment and surrounding community
- are accessible, inclusive and welcoming of everyone
- are safe and compliant.
Read our success stories!
View the Program Guidelines(PDF, 411KB) for details
Events grants Auspice Agreement(PDF, 107KB)
What is an 'auspice agreement'? Read our FAQs now.
We offer year-round 'quick response' grants of $500 to support the immediate needs of events.
These grants run separately to our event grants. They can be used to cover immediate costs associated with event management.
The current round is now exhausted; a new round will open on 1st July 2024.
View the Program Guidelines(PDF, 766KB) for details
If you have any questions please contact the Venues and Events team on 5471 1700 or email us at email@example.com.
Have you received a grant? After your event has been a roaring success, you must complete an online acquittal.
- Go to the SmartyGrants Website, and log in with the username and password you used to submit the application.
- Click on “My submissions” at the top of the page
- Here you will see your submission and the associated forms open and waiting for you to complete.
Go to the Visit Victoria website for eligibility criteria and further information.