Be one of the millions of Australians finding fulfilment through volunteering.
Benefits of volunteering
There are lots of benefits in becoming a volunteer.
Not only are you making a difference in your community, but you're also:
- increasing your social network
- improving your physical health
- practising generosity
- and deepening your sense of purpose.
If you've got the time, consider exploring volunteering options and opportunities near you.
Volunteer with Council
There are a range of opportunities to make a difference by volunteering at Council.
- Social Support Program - provide support and companionship for isolated older people living in the community.
- Visitor Information Centres - welcome visitors to the shire at one of our Visitor Information Centres in Maldon and Castlemaine.
- Youth Services - opportunities to help organise events like the Young Makers Market and Battle of the Bands.
For more information about volunteering opportunities with us, call 5471 1700 or email email@example.com
Other local volunteering opportunities
Bendigo Volunteer Resource Centre facilitates, promotes, supports, connects and celebrates volunteering across Central Victoria.
You can find a range of volunteering opportunities on their website.
- Mentoring and linking volunteers to meaningful volunteering roles with local community organisations
- Training volunteers
- Promoting best practice volunteering
- Supporting and mentoring volunteer managers.
To find out more about their services, visit their website, call 5441 1404 or visit the Bendigo Volunteer Resource Centre in person at the Bendigo Library, Hargreaves Street, Bendigo Central.
For more volunteering opportunities:
Support for organisations with volunteers
Volunteering Loddon Mallee aims to develop and build the capacity of volunteer involving organisations (VIO) to breaking down barriers to participation by encouraging diverse, inclusive, flexible volunteering activities.
The group provides a monthly ‘Community of Practice’ professional development session for Managers, Coordinators and leaders of volunteers and encourages VIO and community groups to promote their volunteer opportunities through the Volunteering Loddon Mallee website.
To learn more, contact Alistair Shaw, Project Coordinator on 0413 197 848 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.