Camping on public or private land

Apply for a permit by email or in person:

Download and complete the Camp on public or private land permit application(PDF, 132KB) form.

Email it to or bring it into our Customer Service Counter at:

Corner Lyttleton and Lloyd Streets
Castlemaine, Victoria 3450

Further information on new regulations:

Caravans and tiny homes on wheels

Please note recent changes to Local Law 13 will allow people to camp in caravans or in tiny homes on wheels without the need for a permit. 

Read here for more detail

Or you can read our media release.