Noise issues and concerns

Before submitting a complaint, please make every effort to resolve the matter privately.
To submit an ongoing complaint through Council, complete the Noise record sheet(PDF, 160KB) for 14 consecutive days, and email it to


Prohibited times and noises

Prohibited times apply when the noise can be heard from inside another home.  To find out more about prohibited times visit the EPA website.

Report noise issues

For after hours noise - please contact your local Police Station. You should also contact the police if threats or abuse between neighbours occur.

Commercial and Industrial noise - please contact the Environment Protection Authority.

Licensed venue noise - please contact the Victorian Gambling and Casino Control Commission.

To report a residential noise issue submit an online service request.